Metro Vancouver solid waste facilities are currently operational during regular working hours. However, to keep staff and the public as safe as possible, consider delaying your visit unless absolutely necessary. Store any dry recyclables and other items at home temporarily, if possible.
Metro Vancouver continues to closely monitor developments around COVID-19 and is taking steps to ensure safety and maintain critical service levels.
Operational Change Notification
Operational changes are being assessed on an ongoing basis as the situation evolves. Sign up to receive text message notifications about temporary closures or operational impacts at regional solid waste facilities by texting 778-655-9200 with the message JOIN.
As of Monday March 30, 2020 recycling and waste centres no longer accept cash payment. Several tap payment options are available:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet and Android Pay)
- Personal Hygiene Items:
- Do not place any used personal hygiene or cleaning products in the green bin.
- Put all personal hygiene products, used tissues, sanitary wipes (even those labeled compostable or flushable), paper towels, napkins, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves, and similar items in plastic bags and place securely in your garbage bin. Double bag these items if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick.
- Please do not use Metro Vancouver solid waste facilities if you are in quarantine or self-isolation related to COVID-19.
- When visiting Metro Vancouver recycling and waste centres, thank you for wearing a face mask and maintaining at least two metres physical distance between you and facility staff and other members of the public.