FIELD TRIPS AND TOURS
We deliver custom field trips and tours to groups and organizations, for both adults and children.
- Search for clues to the hidden lives of spiders, slugs and bugs in Investigating Invertebrates for an ESL group
- Find out how bats, owls and other nocturnal animals survive in a world without light in Navigating the Night for Scouts
- Dip into rippling waters in search of fascinating stream life in Stream Searchers for your church group
- Birds, Birds, Birds for your seniors club
- Examine closely the harsh life of sea creatures in the intertidal zone in Seashore Sleuths for a summer camp
Our park interpreters can customize a program to fit your needs or suggest topics, including:
- Wildlife tracking
- Human health connections to nature
- Orienteering and outdoor skills
- Beaver tales
- And much, much more!
Choose the best fit for your staff or volunteers, or make a custom request when you book online.
Connecting Children with Nature
For group leaders and educators who want to take children outside and reap the benefits of outdoor learning. This workshop includes tips & tricks, tools of the trade, group management, activities and games to heighten sensory awareness, focus learning and engage with nature.
Nurture with Nature
For health professionals and any group interested in the health benefits of nature, and how to bring it into your practice. Learn about current research and its practical application. Experience first-hand activities that rejuvenate, reconnect and restore a sense of well-being.
Interpretation Skills Workshop
For those who want to learn the skills of inspiring audiences and forging connections between people and place. Learn how to program plan, lead a guided walk, deliver prop talks and age appropriate activities. This may of special interest to park workers, volunteers, camp leaders, and university students.
Naturalist Skills Workshop
For those seeking more natural history knowledge. Our passionate park interpreters can share their local knowledge about topics from plant identification to tracking wild animals to melodic bird calls. Discover ways to expand your awareness and enhance your observational skills of natural and seasonal phenomena.
Programs are typically 2 hours long and cost $70 for every 15 participants. For example, 1-15 participants cost $70, 16-30 participants = $140, 31-45 participants = $210