Metro Vancouver is working closely with stakeholders and First Nations to ensure this project considers their interests and fits with the community.
Metro Vancouver will:
- listen to interests and priorities
- collaborate on how the plant is integrated with Iona Beach Regional Park and the surrounding environment
- collaborate on resource recovery opportunities
- provide information in a timely manner
- take feedback to the project team and report back on how it has been addressed
- establish a single point of contact the community can reach to discuss the project.
The project is in the Project Definition Phase (planning phase) until January 2021. The new plant will be designed and constructed between 2021 and 2030, and will be in operation by December 31, 2030.
If you or your organization would like to submit input about the project, please email email@example.com by October 15, 2020.