Metro Vancouver's Aboriginal Relations program supports staff and Metro Vancouver Board involvement on policies and projects related to aboriginal relations and treaty negotiations issues.
- Responding to specific issues arising from direct relations with First Nations with respect to Metro Vancouver's corporate interests (e.g. plans, programs, processes, policies, services, lands, facilities, and infrastructure);
- Developing policies and projects in support of Metro Vancouver's First Nations Strategy (e.g. Board liaisons to First Nations) and emerging corporate interests;
- Maintaining pertinent information on First Nations communities;
- Supporting the Board's involvement in the BC treaty negotiations process and the province's New Relationship agreements;
- Responding to related issues raised by Metro Vancouver staff, the provincial and federal governments, and other organizations and agencies.