The Metro Vancouver GNSS Service offers GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou real-time correction services.
Surveyors, engineers and others who require accurate, real-time GNSS positioning have access to the state-of-the-art geospatial reference system for the Metro Vancouver region.
- Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) service
- Differential GNSS (DGNSS) service
- Multiple satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou)
- Baseline or Network RTK operations.
A network of five Active Control Point (ACP) stations continuously tracks America’s GPS, Russia’s GLONASS, Europe’s Galileo and China’s BeiDou satellite signals. The stations send signals to a central network server, which manages and distributes correction data to subscribers in real time over the Internet.
The service offers the flexibility of both RTK and DGNSS operations. While the RTK operations are typically limited to a range of 20 kilometres from an ACP site, DGNSS operations can extend farther. Both real-time operations require reliable Internet coverage. The ACP stations broadcast continuously, 24 hours a day, at 1 Hz data sampling rate using NTRIP protocol.
Metro Vancouver GNSS Service offers:
- the latest satellite positioning technology using America’s GPS, Russia’s GLONASS, Europe’s Galileo and China’s BeiDou signals for increased satellite availability;
- real-time 3D positioning with two proven technologies, the centimetres-level RTK or the metre-level DGNSS operations;
- 24/7 data service;
- traditional Baseline or the modelled Network RTK corrections;
- a reduction in cost by eliminating the need to establish and secure user-owned reference systems;
- increased productivity with highly portable GNSS;
- access to an advanced geospatial reference system; and,
- Class A certified by GeoBC, which complies with the Survey and Plan Rules as established by the Association of BC Land Surveyors.
GNSS service area coverage (Note: the ability to access the system is subject to the availability of wireless coverage)