Youth4Action Leadership Boot-Camp
Are you a Metro Vancouver high school student who is passionate about influencing sustainability and making a positive impact in your community? Do you want to add skills and knowledge to your leadership toolbox - to address the challenges facing our region and planet?
If yes, this upcoming Youth4Action event is for you.
THINK GLOBAL LEAD LOCAL
Acting on global sustainability goals in Metro Vancouver and beyond!
March 16th, 17th, & 18th - 10:30am to 2:30pm
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 ambitious goals aimed at creating a more sustainable, inclusive and equal planet. Leaders across the globe are using the SDGs to tackle global challenges like climate change and reducing inequality. The SDGs can also help to promote understanding of global issues and the need for local actions.
This Metro Vancouver Leadership Boot-Camp will prepare high school youth with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change for sustainability in their communities and beyond! Through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals, students will explore the links between global challenges and local action, enhance their leadership and critical thinking skills, and expand their network of leaders passionate about making a positive impact for people and planet. Participants will:
- Dive deep into the SDGs and local connections to these global goals
- Explore how the SDG framework can support action in your community
- Get to know local leaders working to influence sustainability
- Have meaningful conversations to unpack the challenges and opportunities we face
- Gain insight into how Metro Vancouver and other organizations are working to build a more sustainable region – be inspired by local success stories
- Explore connections between urban and rural sustainability
- Connect with students from school districts across in Metro Vancouver and beyond
- Find out how the SDGs are aligned with Climate 2050 - Metro Vancouver’s strategy to accelerate climate action in our region
- Gain practical knowledge, tools and skills to tackle a range of sustainability challenges through creative, impactful collaborative action projects
Participation in the following program components is required!
March 16th – Getting to know each other, the SDGs, and the work being done for people and planet in Metro Vancouver and beyond!
- Meet our guest facilitators and SDG experts Cecilia Jaques and Kelsey Livingstone
March 17th – Thinking strategically about partnerships and local action, featuring success stories and an interactive panel of sustainability leaders in our region
- Connect with sustainability experts and professionals working to influence our region
March 18th – Expanding your Collaborative Action Toolkit – Pro Action Café & Celebration
Featuring live music from local musician and climate activist Luke Wallace
What’s the Commitment?
As there are a limited number of available spots in this unique Y4A Leadership Boot-Camp, all successful applicants will be required to participate fully in all aspects of the Think Global Lead Local Youth4Action Leadership Boot-Camp. There is no cost for successful applicants.
Who? Metro Vancouver High School Youth (Grade 9-12)
Where? This program will be hosted online, outside regular school hours via Zoom
When? March 16th, 17th, 18th 2021 from 10:30am - 2:30pm
Click Here to Apply