- Get to know the built and natural systems we are connected to and depend upon everyday
- Learn principles of sustainability, systems thinking and leadership
- Develop skills to lead and influence awareness, action and innovation at school and beyond!
- Apply learning and implement impactful project tied to interests, passions and SMART goals
- Create lasting memories as part of a regional network of engaged leaders
- Experience the power of team work
- Tour local parks, water and waste management facilities, businesses and local farms
- Identify effective strategies to balance commitments, manage stress and stay healthy
- Meet experts, partners, elected officials, entrepreneurs, planners, youth leaders (Youth4Action and MVST Alumni), educators and change makers
- Explore, paddle, hike, swim, share, present, listen, think, reflect, exert, create, support, celebrate, build, eat, connect, question, learn, laugh and more!
- Receive four credits in Sustainability Studies 12 (Recognized by BC’s Ministry of Education)
What’s the commitment?
Successful applicants will participate in the entire Summer Leadership Camp, and all six classes. This program is offered at no cost to successful applicants, however, a full commitment to participate and attend all program components is required (please refer to listed dates).
Who are the instructors?
Metro Vancouver’s Sustainability Education Team provides expert instruction for this dynamic field course. The team consists of BC certified teachers and sustainability facilitators with a wealth of experience leading field courses and supporting youth engagement and development.
Who should apply?
Students in Grades 10 to 12 for the 2019/20- school year who attend school in one of Metro Vancouver’s 11 school districts are invited to apply. The process is competitive as we typically receive more applicants than available spots in the program.
- Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver
- West Vancouver
2018 applications are now closed. 2019 applications will open in February
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.