- Get to know the built and natural systems we are connected to and depend upon everyday
- Learn principles of sustainability, systems thinking and leadership
- Develop skills to lead and influence awareness, action and innovation at school and beyond!
- Apply learning and
leadership to implement impactful project tied to interests, passions and SMART goals
- Create lasting memories as part of a regional network of engaged leaders
- Experience the power of team work
- Tour local parks, water and waste management facilities, businesses and local farms
- Identify effective strategies to balance commitments, manage stress and stay healthy
- Meet experts, community partners, elected officials, entrepreneurs, planners, youth leaders, including Youth4Action Alumni change makers
- Explore, paddle, hike, swim, share, present, listen, think, reflect, exert, create, support, celebrate, build, eat, connect, question, learn, laugh and more!
- Receive four credits in Sustainability Studies 12 (Recognized by BC’s Ministry of Education)
What’s the commitment?
Successful applicants will participate in the entire Summer Leadership Camp, and all six classes. This program is offered at no cost to successful applicants, however, a full commitment to participate and attend all program components is required (please refer to listed dates).
Who are the instructors?
Metro Vancouver’s Sustainability Education Team provides expert instruction for this dynamic field course. The team consists of BC certified teachers and sustainability facilitators with a wealth of experience leading field courses and supporting youth engagement and development.
Who should apply?
Metro Vancouver students in Grade 10 to 12 (in 2019-2020) who share a passion for actively influencing sustainability in their school and community are invited to apply. We typically receive more applicants than available spots in the program.
- Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver
- West Vancouver
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.