Youth4Action Ambassador Training Workshop
When? Thursday, March 8th, 2018 (5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
Where? Metro Vancouver Head Office, 4730, Kingsway, Burnaby (Near Metrotown Skytrain Station)
Are you interested in joining a team of student leaders who are passionate about influencing sustainability and growing a thriving network change makers? If YES, then join Metro Vancouver’s Youth4Action Team for this engaging workshop. Explore innovative ideas and strategies to inspire collaborative action. Gain skills and experience to support engagement of others.
Videos-4-Action Digital Storytelling Leadership Clinic
When? Monday, March 19th and Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Where? Metro Vancouver Head Office, 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby (Near Metrotown SkyTrain Station)
Join Youth4Action and
Pacific Cinematheque to explore the power of stories to inspire awareness, engagement and action at school and beyond! Discover how to create catchy digital (video) stories about youth-led sustainability action projects and success stories. Learn filmmaking techniques, cinematography, sound, editing skills and more. Become familiar with professional equipment and your cell phone as tools for making impactful videos! This fun and practical workshop is offered at no charge to high school students from Metro Vancouver.
For more information or to Apply (by Thursday, March 8th at 11:59PM)
Register Here. Space is limited!
We "LOVE" WATER @ School - Thursday, March 22nd, 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Inspiring and informing youth leadership, awareness and action to use water wisely
When? Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Where? Starts (& ends) @ Science World (Bus to Mt. Seymour included.)
How do you love water? Join youth leaders from across Metro Vancouver to snowshoe on Mount Seymour and learn about our water supply system in a fun, active and interactive way.
- Explore the connection between snow and your drinking water
- Participate in a moderately strenuous snowshoe tour on Mount Seymour
- Discover Metro Vancouver's role in providing drinking water to 2.3 million people daily
- Explore how healthy watersheds are essential for a livable and sustainable region
- Get to know Metro Vancouver's "I Heart Water" Campaign
- Meet youth leaders who are taking action to conserve water at school and beyond
- Share ideas, inspiration and innovative strategies to promote water conservation
Apply by March 8, 2018. Space is limited!
Click Here to Apply