Overview of Projects
A new pump station and new pipes are being built as part of the
North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant. The new pump station and pipes are needed to move wastewater from the existing Lions Gate Wastewater Treatment Plant to the new Plant, and to move treated wastewater from the new plant to the existing outfall pipe.
The new First Narrows Pump Station will be located near the existing Lions Gate Wastewater Treatment Plant. The pipe alignment will extend from the existing outfall under the Lions Gate Bridge to the new North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant. This project includes:
- Constructing a new pump station located at the south end of Bridge Road underneath the Lions Gate Bridge
- Installing a 1,200 mm influent sewer pipe extending from the existing Lions Gate Wastewater Treatment Plant to the new pump station
- Installing a 900 mm forcemain extending from the new pump station to the new North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Installing a 2,100 mm effluent sewer pipe extending from the new North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant to the existing outfall
- Design and construction will be done by North Shore Conveyance Partners (contract awarded in July 2018).
With plant construction underway, the Conveyance Project represents the next step in the overall North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant program. The final step, decommissioning the existing Lions Gate Wastewater Treatment Plant, will begin in the mid-2020s and the land will be returned to Squamish Nation.
Conveyance Project Community Newsletter - posted on August 09, 2021
In August 2021, the project team issued the third edition of the Conveyance Project community newsletter, which can be viewed here
. This edition includes a general update on current and upcoming project activities.
District of North Vancouver