Metro Vancouver is committed to minimizing the impacts of this project on the Annacis Island business community, river users, and First Nations.
As part of our commitment, Metro Vancouver will:
- Follow permitting and approvals process at the federal and provincial levels
- Work with businesses, First Nations and government agencies to identify potential project impacts and determine possible solutions
- Develop and implement traffic management plans to ensure traffic flow and property access are not significantly interrupted
- Ensure a number of mitigation measures are in place including environmental monitoring during construction
- Develop and implement a river work plan to ensure construction does not significantly interfere with marine traffic and activities
- Provide a Community Liaison to respond to questions and concerns
- Provide regular project updates via newsletter, web updates, and traffic advisories
contact us if you are interested in learning more about this project.
To review the permit application with the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority, click