Metro Vancouver continues to closely monitor developments around COVID-19, and is taking proactive steps to ensure critical service levels are maintained at all times. We are committed to maintaining services while protecting the health and safety of tenants, employees, contractors and partners.
Important Notice About Rent Payments
Metro Vancouver’s head office, area offices and site offices are temporarily closed to the public but we remain available by phone and email. Please forward rental payments to your housing site office drop box. We are not accepting cash payments at this time.
Financial Support and Rent Deferral
Metro Vancouver Housing recognizes that tenants may experience financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19. Metro Vancouver Housing is taking the following actions to help tenants through this difficult period:
- Annual rent increases have been put on hold effective April 1st;
- In line with the Province of BC, eviction notices relating to COVID-19 will not be issued or enforced, except for circumstances where it may be needed to protect health and safety;
- Providing a Financial Assistance Resource Fact Sheet with information about recent federal and provincial support programs for renters; and
- New guidelines and criteria are being developed for payment plans and rent deferral criteria is being updated.
If you have any questions, contact your
Area Manager for more information.
Maintenance and Sanitation
Metro Vancouver Housing has enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures in common areas at all sites. We are continuing to receive, prioritize and carry out maintenance requests, primarily emergency repairs. Metro Vancouver Housing has implemented precautions to ensure the safety of all residents, staff and contractors:
- Residents must comply with the Provincial Health Officer’s order to keep a physical distance of at least two metres from staff and contractors;
- Residents must inform staff or contractors prior to entry if anyone in the household is ill;
- Maintenance staff and contractors must wear gloves and shoe coverings when entering units to perform maintenance; and
- In case of emergency maintenance, ill residents must self-isolate in another area of the home during the work.
Maintenance requests can be submitted via the site office drop box, or
forms online. We are prioritizing essential maintenance, and appreciate your patience.
Reminder for Residents
In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer’s orders, all Metro Vancouver Housing playgrounds, play courts and common rooms are temporarily closed. Please ensure all household members and guests observe prudent measures at this time. This includes groups of people congregating in common areas of the housing site.
Residents are reminded:
- Please stay home as much as possible and keep a two-metre physical distance from others
- Wash your hands with soap regularly and avoid touching your face to prevent infection
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough and dispose of that tissue in the garbage
- Comply with closures of playgrounds, play courts and common rooms
- If you feel ill, self-isolate for 14 days to prevent the spread of infection.
For information on COVID-19 go to
Should you be concerned about COVID-19 infection, you can take the self-assessment tool developed by BC Ministry of Health:
Thank you for your cooperation during this extraordinary time. Be diligent to keep yourself and your families safe.
For further information, please contact your Housing Representative. For general inquiries contact 604-451-6635.