Metro Vancouver is responsible under Provincial legislation for emergency planning and response in all of Electoral Area A. Specific emergency services provided by Metro Vancouver are:
- Incident Command/Coordination at the emergency site as needed;
- Central coordination through our Emergency Operations Centre;
- Liaison with Provincial and other Local Authorities as well as UBC;
- Coordinating Disaster Financial Assistance applications;
- Wildland Fire Suppression in concert with BC Forest Service;
- Local Assistants to the Fire Commissioner; and
- Emergency Social Services to ensure the welfare of residents who may be displaced.