The Y4A CHAMP program will equip high school youth with knowledge, skills, inspiration and support to influence sustainability in their school communities and beyond. Through skill-based learning, community building and participation in regional Youth4Action Leadership Clinics, participants from across Metro Vancouver will:
- learn more about regional sustainability topics
- get to know students and community leaders of all ages who share an interest in sustainability
- exchange and explore ideas and strategies for action
- receive support for collaborative action projects
- gain volunteer service hours and certificate of participation for completing the program
- develop leadership skills and be part of a fun and dynamic team addressing sustainability challenges at school and beyond
Who? Metro Vancouver High School Youth (Grade 8-12)
Where? This program will be hosted online, after school hours via Zoom
When? September 2020-December 2020
Participation in the following program components is required!
Y4A CHAMP Sessions (Full participation is required in these 2 hour sessions)
- September 29 – Who are we? Why do we care about sustainability in Metro Vancouver?
- October 13 - Collaborative Action & Project Planning
- October 27 - Success Sharing – Living and Learning
- December 1 and/or December 8 - Project Presentation and Celebration
Y4A Leadership Clinics (Participation in these 2 hour after school events is required)
- September 23 – Eco-Health Matters – for people, place and planet (Optional)
- October 21– Learning and Leadership for Sustainability - in Metro Vancouver Schools
- November 18 – Careers in Sustainability
See Y4A Leadership Clinics
Y4A CHAMPs should anticipate 3 hours per week to work on a Collaborative Action Project.
Apply to be a Youth4Action CHAMP today! Complete the application by September 24th.